Sunday, September 16, 2007

1983-10-28 My 33rd Birthday


<== A picture of me at about the time of this show

As with all my birthdays on the radio, it tends to be very self-serving and introspective. This is the first birthday I ever had on the radio, so things were a bit formative. Thanks to Unit Buy for all of his support during this period. Unit Boy is right there with me in the studio asking for requests and making odd comments.

The music consists of: Crazy Joe & the Variable Speed Band, Dick Dale and the Deltones (the first record I ever purchased), the Ventures, New Order, Vanilla Fudge, Brian Eno, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Eno & Fripp, Prince, B-52s, The Tubes, The Cure, Steppenwolf, Neil Young, Sly & the Family Stone, and even the start of Jay Strausser's Trenchtown Rock at the end, since at that time I was on 3-6 PM on Friday.

Right click to download, click to listen right away, always better on iTunes:
http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk831028birthday.mp3

No comments: