Tuesday, January 16, 2007

1992-05-20 Bill Nelson


Not everyone is into Bill Nelson as much as I am. He has a certain style and self-reflectivity that some may find drab. I find him varied and innovative. He clearly makes music for himself. This 90 minute salute to Bill Nelson contains some of my favorites, but upon listening to them wish I had put more of his ambient material in. I love the four cds he did after breaking up with his significant other – all songs he wrote, recorded, and produced in less than 30 minutes per song. He performed all music and voices on these. Raw, feeling and excellent! Maxwell Schnurer hates Bill Nelson. Too bad for Max!

MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD BOTH PARTS

Listen by clicking, download by right c;licking on:
PART ONE http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk920520billnelson1.mp3
PART TWO http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk920520billnelson2.mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that this was fifteen years ago and you were the van's music director.

My objections to Bill Nelson must be amended. I like Bill Nelson, but he is rough to sleep to (certainly not as bad as the Temple Ov Psychic Youth).

But you blasted us with hundreds of bands and sounds we'd never heard before. You can't be suprised when we rebelled a bit.

So I'll download it & give Bill a second shot. Maxwell