Tuesday, May 17, 2011

1988-10-05 For the Veep Debate

Portrait of DoD Mr. J. Danforth Quayle, Vice P...Image via Wikipedia
I was not happy about the vice presidential debate that had just taken place. Dan Quayle and Lloyd Bentsen? My anger was thus a generating force behind this radio program.


QUAYLE:  And I will be prepared to do that. I will be prepared not only because of my service in the Congress, but because of my ability to communicate and to lead. It is not just age; it's accomplishments, it's experience. I have far more experience than many others that sought the office of vice president of this country. I have as much experience in the Congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency. I will be prepared to deal with the people in the Bush administration, if that unfortunate event would ever occur.
WOODRUFF: Senator Bentsen.
BENTSEN: Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy. (Prolonged shouts and applause)

Music included: Danse Macabe, Commodity Fetish, Friends of Doctor Mabuse, Test Department, the World of Skin, Harold Budd, Software, Acoustic Iatrogenesis, Commodity Fetish live, Borghesia, Marvin X & 174K2 and a lot more.

Download or listen right away:
http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk881005fortheveepdebate.mp3
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: