Saturday, August 15, 2009

1984-09-28 Radio for Ann

Fisher 500 AM/FM hi-fi receiver from 1959. Cou...Image via Wikipedia

Ann Labrusciano was a radio hero of mine. I loved listening to her program, filled with unusual sound collages and multiple layering that revealed new and different thoughts and perspectives to me. She chopped things up and rearranged them in a very interesting way. William S. Burroughs had said, "When you cut into the present, the future leaks out." When I listened to Ann's show it felt like I was listening to all times rolled into one new experience.

I begin with Shriekback's song "Midnight maps" as a salute and then I enter into a world of sound as a salute to Ann. Imitation is, after all, the highest form, of flattery. Of course, my imitation was weak, but it was a try. I guess this is more a salute for Ann than a real attempt to be like her. Nobody could do that. WRUV FM Burlington.

Click to listen, right click to download, get both parts:

http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk840928radioforann1.mp3

http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk840926radioforann2.mp3
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: