Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1994-06-08 Swoon in June

Recording a radio play. The Netherlands, [1949].Image via WikipediaThis is a delightful mix of all sorts of things -- music, spoken word, sound effects, noise collage, media ecology and a lot of other stuff. The month is June, the juices are flowing, and in my case they are creative juices, trying to find interesting sounds and put them together into a whole that says something more than the parts. Sitting here 18 years later, I am not sure what that whole is, but listening to it brought me a lot of smiles. Almost a swoon.

Try it yourself. There is no playlist. I think I can understand why, it would have been hell to read off all of the parts of this program.

Download or listen right away:
http://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/listen/cmk940608swoon.mp3
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: